Because B4RN is non-profit we aren’t interested in commercial speculation, so we only extend our network into communities where we’re wanted. Each new area that invites B4RN in needs to raise a certain level of investment to cover the work and materials required for their area’s installation. Currently, a significant amount of that cost is being met with government voucher funding.
Every community’s core investment is made up of shares, the value of which can be ring-fenced for supporting the build-out in their area.
- Minimum shareholding £100 / maximum £100,000.
- All shareholders are members of B4RN. One member one vote.
- Shares must be held for a minimum of 3 years.
- Investment in shares attract the current rate of 5% which can paid out or reinvested year on year.
- Some shareholders choose to invest £1,500 and claim free connection worth £150. (The £1,500 must be invested in a single transaction to qualify for a free connection. Full rules here.)
- Shares can only ever be sold back to B4RN at £1 each.
Find Out More
For a more comprehensive outline of investing in B4RN, take a look at our Share Prospectus by clicking here.
For full details of what it means to become a member of the B4RN Community Benefit Society you can read the society’s rules handbook by clicking here.
Should you wish to apply for shares you can:
Click here for an application form which you can download and print.
Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack be mailed to you.
There are two sections – one for individuals (and partners) (A) and one for organisations (D).
You’ll need to fill out and sign the relevant form and send it to:
B4RN, Station Yard, Melling via Carnforth, Lancashire, LA6 2QY
Enterprise Investment Scheme
In January 2019, HMRC ruled Community Benefit Societies – like B4RN – were no longer eligible for the Enterprise Investment Scheme. Details can be found here.