Because B4RN is non-profit we aren’t interested in commercial speculation, so we only extend our network into communities where we’re wanted. Each new area that invites B4RN in needs to raise the investment to cover the work and materials required for their area’s installation.
Every community’s core investment is made up of shares, the value of which can be ring-fenced for supporting the build-out in their area. The shares are an investment, not only do they support the project in that community, but they have tax advantages and will pay a good return. For full details please see the shareholder prospectus on the Resources page.
- Minimum shareholding £100 / maximum £100,000.
- All shareholders are members of B4RN. One member one vote.
- Shares must be held for a minimum of 3 years.
- Individual investors can claim 30% tax relief (HMRC Enterprise Investment Scheme).
- After year 3, interest of 5% can be paid out or reinvested.
- Some shareholders choose to invest £1,500 and claim free connection worth £150.
- Shares can only ever be sold back to B4RN at £1 each.
B4RN also currently accept a limited number of 5 year loans from the community, paying 4% interest. For full details please see B4RN’s loan prospectus on the Resources page.