News archive: Buy Shares or Register for Service
November 29th, 2011
Author: Chris Conder
Tags: b4rn business plan jfdi prospectus radio Lancashire register shares
Posted In: Archive News
To register an interest for a service please fill in the Registration form click here
Despite government efforts to solve the broadband problem, especially in rural areas without a commercial solution, there simply is not enough money to go round at a time of intensive spending cuts and difficult economic growth forecasts. Therefore, B4RN will issue shares, both to local people and businesses, and others who wish to support a potentially life-changing solution to a global problem. Shares are £1, minimum investment is £100.
Download the new Share application form B4RN V4.2 (or right click and save as)
The first share issue has now closed although those still digging are eligible for full free connection as per the first share issue. Shareholders get 30% EIS tax return if they are a taxpayer. Foundation shareholders get a FREE CONNECTION!
A 1000 megabit per second symmetrical (same speeds up as well as down) futureproof fibre to the home residential connection costs £30 a month, with £150 connection fee. (VAT inclusive)
Rural broadband in the UK is often estimated as costing anywhere up to £10,000 per property, and often more. However, that is using the traditional telco (telecommunications company) model; it is not the cost when you harness the skills and determination of a close-knit community such as ours.
This network model can connect every home in our parishes, however remote or distant from other properties. Without exceptions.
- More info in our launch presentation (video),
- The B4RN Business Plan
- Our prospectus – the share offer document Invitationtosubscribeforshares2014
- B4RN Rules Final
- and in the FAQ and Links on this site.
You do not need to buy shares to take a service from B4RN, but the more people who do the sooner it will be built. B4RN is not raising money from the public purse, thus avoiding regulation and delays.
- Minimum investment is £100 (to reduce administration overheads)
- A foundation share of £1500 entitles the holder to a free connection, saving £150.
- No matter how many shares you own you have one vote
- Maximum investment is £100,000
- If you invest £500 or over you qualify for EIS tax rebate, so if you are a taxpayer you get 30% of your investment back within the tax year
- If you earn £1500.00 of shares by digging you will be eligible for a free connection and 1 year’s subscription to the service.
- Shares must be held for 3 year minimum
- Shares cannot be sold or given to anyone else, they can only be sold back to B4RN.
- Other investors outside the area can sponsor a connection