News archive: Our first B4RN highlight video
May 14th, 2012
Author: Chris Conder
Tags: b4rn community digging digitalbritain duct farmers jfdi
Posted In: Archive News
A lot of people in our community network can’t stream video, so we have made a CD for them and have put the highlights on a little Youtube video for everyone else to see. The footage was taken whilst out and about at the various dig locations, it’s amateur footage but it gives a taste of what we are doing this month.
The money from the shareholders has financed the purchase of enough stock to complete the whole core route of phase 1. We are still accepting investments from the public to finance the remainder of this phase. Details on how to do this can be found here.
Here are some key points:-
- We deliver the ducting to the sites where people are ready to start digging.
- We have a machine to locate underground pipes, drains, utilities. This is state of the art and provides much more detail than what you have seen utility worker use in the streets. They normally use the small hand held type.
- We have contractors for civil works.
- We have had training from Emtelle to teach how to join the fibre ducting. Emtelle manufacture the ducting that has been supplied to B4RN.
- We have signed off wayleaves for most of the main routes now, and digging has commenced.
- We have started a sponsorship scheme where anyone can use the PayPal button to donate to the project and get their name written on the ducting as it is buried. More details on this soon.
So as you can see, lots going on. Please take a look at the video, it’s about 10 minutes long, and if you have any questions, please get in touch.